Fenix PD36 TAC Tactical Flashlight - 3000 Lumens
The most anticipated Fenix flashlight of 2021 is here. The Fenix PD36 TAC flashlight is a compact LED flashlight that's about 5.5 inches in length and comes with a pocket clip making it easy to carry with you. This is the perfect flashlight for law enforcement, security, and tactical users. The PD36 TAC has an impressive output of 3000 lumens! This is one bright little beast of a flashlight. With its maximum beam distance of 898 feet, this beam will allow you to see objects far into the distance. Not only is this flashlight extremely bright, but it also has many excellent features that are perfect for anyone looking for a tactical flashlight. The PD36TAC LED flashlight operates using a single 21700 battery.
Included with the PD36 TAC is the Fenix ARB-L21-5000U USB Type-C rechargeable battery. When you purchase this light, it comes with everything it needs including a USB type-C cable so you can charge your battery using your wall adapter. The battery has a charging indicator telling you know when your battery is charging and when it's finished. The normal charging time for this battery is about 4 hours and the battery has a long life. In fact, the maximum run time with the PD36 TAC using the eco output is 160 hours! Fenix always produces the highest quality flashlights making them rugged, durable, and long-lasting. The PD36 TAC is made from an extremely tough A6061-T6 aluminum alloy.
Fenix designed this light with double springs to keep the battery suspended allowing the battery to resist damage taken from external impact. The PD36 TAC itself is also impact resistant up to 1.5 meters. So this flashlight can truly take a beating and still function just fine! Between the incredible design of the tactical switch and the mechanical toggle switch, the compact form factor, and the two operation modes, the PD36 TAC has it all. It is an extremely versatile tactical flashlight that you could use for everyday carry or you could use in a law enforcement profession. Either way, we're very impressed with the Fenix PD36 TAC.
- 3000 Lumens Maximum Output
- Luminus SST70 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- 21700 Battery included
- Tactical and Duty modes
- Patented Dual-function tactical switch for instant tactical activation
- Lockout function
- Reverse polarity protection
- A6061-T6 Aluminum body
- Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Mechanical tail cap toggle switch changes between general-use Duty Mode and simplified Tactical Mode, plus lockout mode
- Tactical Mode
- High: 2000 Lumens, 3.1 hours, 738 ft
- Strobe: 2000 Lumens
- Duty Mode
- Turbo: 3000 Lumens, 1.5 hours, 898 ft
- High: 1000 Lumens, 3.2 hours, 524 ft
- Med: 350 Lumens, 10.1 hours, 301 ft
- Low: 150 Lumens, 18.7 hours, 193 ft
- Eco: 30 Lumens, 43.1 hours, 82 ft
- 1-Meter impact resistance
- IP68 Waterproof rating: Fully submersible to 6.5 feet for up to 30 minutes
- Compatible accessories: ALG-00, ALG-18, AER-05, AOD-S V2.0, and ALP-10S (accessories sold separately)
- Advanced Pulse-frequency Transmission System allows compact structure with higher output and greater efficiency
- Included: Fenix ARB-L21-5000U USB Type-C rechargeable 5000mAh 21700 battery
- Compatible: One Rechargeable 21700 battery
- Length: 5.5 inches
- Body Width: 1 inch
- Head Width: 1.04 inches
- Weight: 3.24 oz
- Fenix PD36 TAC Flashlight
- ARB-L21-5000U Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- USB Type-C Charging cable
- Spare O-ring
- User manual
- Warranty card
Tactical Flashlight Operation
This tactical flashlight features a very unique operating system with both a single tail switch and a mechanical toggle switch. You’ll be operating the light mostly through the tail switch where you can tap the switch for a momentary-on/off. A full press will give you a constant on and a tap from there will let you cycle through the brightness levels. You can press and hold the tail switch for less than a second to activate the strobe mode. This immediate strobe gives you an extra layer of protection and the ability to disorient any potential attackers.
The mechanical toggle switch is located at the tail end of the flashlight. This switch allows you to lock the light out completely, switch between the Tactical Mode and the Duty Mode which we'll get into below, and lock into a brightness level. What this means is that if you want the flashlight to stay on the medium brightness level then you can turn the light onto the medium output, toggle to lock the output, and that way it'll stay on the medium brightness level. You won't be able to accidentally cycle through the other outputs while the toggle switch is in the lock position. It's definitely a nifty feature.
So as you can see, the toggle switch allows you to choose how you want to operate the flashlight, but the majority of the operation is going to be through that tail switch. Between both of these switches, the PD36 TAC is an extremely versatile flashlight and you can pick how you want the flashlight to be operated depending on the different situations and environments you're in.
Tactical Mode and Duty Mode