Ar500 L210 Special Threat Plate
If you’re looking for low-profile, lightweight protection from the wide variety of 5.56 and 7.x62x39 ammunition out on the market, then we have a new plate for you.
Light, low-profile protection
The AR500 Armor® L210 Special Threat armor is an American-made 10”x12” shooter’s cut ceramic plate designed to stop the wide variety of military-style 5.56 and 7.62x39 ammunition on the market and provides an excellent balance between protection, price, and profile/weight.
Intermediate rifle cartridges for the AR and AK-platform firearms aren’t new, but have certainly increased in popularity over the past 5-10 years. Whether used for hunting, competition, or other sporting pursuits, these ammunition types are more popular than ever.
If you’re not as concerned about protection against full-power battle rifle cartridges, but want to be sure your armor is up to the threat posed by the wide-variety of intermediate cartridges available on the market, the AR500 Armor® L210 Special Threat-rated plate is what you’re looking for.
- Peace of Mind: multi-hit, special threat rated (see protection below)
- Confidence: stops 7.62x39 API rounds
- Lightweight: Only 5.5lbs
- Durable: covered with water-resistant 1000D Cordura
- Tested against
- M193 5.56x45mm ball at 3150 ft/s (6 hits)
- M67 7.62x39mm ball at 2390 ft/s (6 hits)
- M855/SS109 5.56x45mm ‘green tip’ at 3150 ft/s (6 hits)
- M43 7.62x39mm mild steel core at 2390 ft/s (3 hits)
- 7.62x39mm API at 2390 ft/s (1 hit)
(*hits per round type, not combined)
- Weighs 5.5 pounds
- Only 0.59” thick
- American Made