Benchmade AFO II BB/PL 154CM 3.56" DROP BEN9051
Based on the 9050 AFO, the 9051 advances a proven tool used in all branches of the Armed Forces. Here are the improvements over the 9050 AFO: its push button lock mechanism is 30% stronger and opens faster, increasing spring power and force, as well as safety; a newly enhanced ergonomic Handle provides more grip; an open back-spacer allows for easy maintenance, making it easier to clean and prevent the collection of oil or mud; an increased finger guard and a larger button allow for ease of deployment with a gloved hand; and a newly added glass breaker, made of hardened steel, is on the end of the Handle.
The Army Evaluation Task Force performed tests on the 9051 AFO II, including impact tests and salt water tests. "This knife exceeded our expectations, and performed better than all other knives we evaluated" said SFC Kevin Reagan, BDE Small Arms Master Gunner. The 9051 was the only auto-opening knife that passed the salt-water test.
New and Improved Push Button Lock is more than 30% Stronger than Previous Version
- Push-button automatic with integrated safety
- Features a drop-point blade
- 154CM Stainless Steel blade (58-61HRC)
- Black anodized, machined 6061 T-6 aluminum Handle with open backspacer and reversible steel pocket clip
- Blade Length: 3.56"
- Blade Thickness: 0.125"
- Handle Thickness: 0.600"
- Blade Material: 154CM Stainless Steel (see below)
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Utility
- Weight: 5.80oz. Clip: Tip Up, Reversible, Black
- Lock Mechanism: Push Button Automatic (see below)
- Overall Length: 8.51"
- Closed Length: 4.95"
- Sheath Material: Ballistic Nylon w/ Slice Clip
- Class: Black (see below)