AR500 Plate carrier Black
The Testudo Lite™ is a lightened and more streamlined version of our Testudo™ Gen 2 carrier.
It retains nearly all the capability of the original, from fitting 10” x 12” or 11” x 14” front and back plates, as well as the ability to run side plates in the cummerbund and a full complement of MOLLE gear.
Like it’s full-featured namesake, the Testudo Lite sports a lower pouch designed to accommodate our improved Kangaroo magazine pouch insert, but removes the upper admin pouch on the original plate carrier.
The Testudo Lite cummerbund front flap boasts generous Hypalon tabs for easy adjustment. Fully adjustable for girth and larger frames, the cummerbund has been reinforced with Hypalon eyelet pass-throughs and heavy-duty shock cord, allowing optimal expansion and retention when adjusted. The cummerbund comes with side plate pockets which accept either 6” x 6” or 6” x 8” side plates of any armor type.
The Testudo Lite features the same American-made, impact resistant buckles, but eliminates the bulk and weight of the padding, 3D mesh, Velcro® on the MOLLE webbing, and side waist-strap and buckles, (meaning it can only be used with the cummerbund).
AR500 Armor Testudo Modular Plate Carrier Specs:
Construction: 500D Cordura®, impact resistant buckles, and mil-spec webbing
Stitching: Reinforced bar-tack, double stitching, and double backed stitching
Thread: High strength bonded thread
Approximate Weight: 2.5lbs
Colors: Black, Coyote, Olive Drab and MultiCam®
Armor Compatibility: Standard 10” x 12” or 11” x 14” body armor in variants to include Steel, Ceramic, Polyethylene, soft or hard construction.
Designed by AR500 Armor® in Phoenix, Arizona, Manufactured to our strict quality standards in Vietnam.
MultiCam® Testudo™ model is constructed using all genuine MultiCam USA-sourced material.
AR500 Armor Testudo Lite Plate Carrier Features:
- Adjustable shoulder straps & removable shoulder pads
- American-made, impact-resistant buckles
- Adjustable and removable cummerbund w/Hypalon pulls, eyelets, and shock cord
- Easily adjusts from medium to large body types
- Built in side plate pouches
- Inner plate retention straps for proper armor positioning
- Offset rear shoulder straps improve armor placement
- Reinforced, low-profile drag handle
- Genuine Cordura® 500D nylon
- Reinforced stitching and bar-tacks through all high stress points and webbing