Ar500 LIII 10"x12" Plate
AR500 Armor® steel plates offer edge-to-edge ballistic protection
AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor – Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC)
Where it all began, AR500 Armor® Level III patented ASC Body Armor. A revolution in the armor industry by combining guaranteed performance, durability, and value. Backing down from no challenge, we’ve become the most independently tested, reviewed, vetted, and validated body armor manufacturer in the world by our peers. Our Level III armor serves as the flagship model in our line for those who desire rugged and reliable armor. Capable of defeating 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,780 feet per second. Independently tested in accordance with NIJ 0101.06 through Oregon Ballistics (OBL), and H.P. White Laboratories.
Available in right and left handed configurations, our patented ASC affords you additional room for your rifle stock improving comfort and shooting ergonomics. Compatible with all standard plate carriers that accept SAPI or traditional Shooters Cut body armor with appropriate chest plate pocket size.
Available in: 10” x 12”
Approximate Weight: (+/- 10% for coating):
- 10” X 12” ASC – 8.0lb
Approximate Profile: Thin 0.26” profile (Base Coat), 0.48” profile (Build-Up)
AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor Specifications
- Level III rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps
- Independently tested to NIJ 101.06
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26” profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- Abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Made in the United States of America!